Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers, grandfathers, stepfathers, fathers-in-law, uncles, brothers, Carters babies...out there!

This weekend was a lot of fun. You may notice that Carter is wearing a grey hat instead of his blue one. Sadly, we left his blue hat at Sea World, but because he will leave it on and it is so versatile, I purchased another one. They only had grey in his size. Later in the day we went to the pool and guess who left his new hat at the pool? This forgetful mother! I went back later and it was gone. I actually think, Monday I will buy another because they are now on clearance and they really work so well. Bummer, but it's my fault.

Father's Day has been wonderful. I half jokingly, half seriously told Tanner that my biggest present to him was getting up this morning (because he gets up SO early) to surprise him with breakfast, but he also got some nice brown church shoes with matching socks and belt. We have been trying to get him brown shoes for two years now. Every holiday it came up, but I always ended up getting him something else. He looked great in them today at church. Carter baby made daddy an apron. Tanner has an old apron that he would wear to keep his church clothes clean, but now he has a Carter customized one. I had to paint Carter's hands with a brush to prevent the paint from going everywhere (it wasn't washable) and he loved it. Between the giggles and squishing paint between his hands he would do his best to get his hand in his mouth. It says "#1 Dad" "Love, Carter". Tanner is a wonderful father and deserves more than one day a year I say!

 
  
           

1 comment:

  1. What a darling apron! That would be fun to wear! I'm jealous! Such a sweet picture of the family all together. And, love the shot where proud daddy is looking on in the back of the picture. Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete